Monday 21 September 2009

Day Two..

Well today was just as fun as yesterday... I woke up at around nine o'clock and spent about half an hour debating on whether or not to face the common area in my PJs or to take a quick shower before breakfast and go out ready and dressed to face another day- I took the middle road and threw on my joggers and a bra and staggered in there only to find.... everyone had gone back to their rooms.

That's right, all that effort for nothing.

But then Chloe came out and sat with my while I ate- in complete silence which was a hoot =D.

About an hour or so later- when we were all showered and ready, Mike, Chloe and I decided to take a wonder down to Morrisons for a few bits which was nice and came back for lunch.

When we got back we decided to take an hour to ourselves and just 'chill in our rooms' as someone (I forget who) put it. So for that hour/ hour and a half, I was just walking around my room unsure of what to do with myself... Then I heard voices outside and went to see who it was.

Again, Mike, Chloe and I decided to go out for a wonder around Lincoln and see what we could see (we failed to see the sea- how disappointing). But we went in 'The Steep Hill' and found some really nice little bookshops and boutique-y things which were lovely, and will keep in mind for future reference.

We got back in time for my 'Welcome to Lincoln' talk, which was... A welcome talk.. nothing really out of the ordinary..

However, when we woke up this morning we found that a fuze had blown, and there was no light in the kitchen/hall way, and went to tell someone, that morning. They eventually came round (after Bee and I went and told them again) at 8 this evening (it was already pretty dark then) and mentioned the fact that the boiler didn't seem to be working, and he began arguing that we turned it off (we didn't).. So he eventually went to check only to come back and say "yeah, sorry you have no boiler". But that will be sorted tomorrow at some point (I hope).

At least we have lights now.

This evening we went out with other Courts on the campus, which was a laugh, and met up with this lad- Matt, who introduced me to this other lad who is on my course, Psychology (yay, I have a friend!!), Eddie. Who seems a hoot =D.

Me and some other girls from the apartment came home a little early, having to get up for things tomorrow morning, and already exhausted from last night, and just spent the last 45 minutes in the common area just chatting which was great, we all have so much in common, it's fantastic..

1 comment:

  1. Psychology... woo...Doesn't matter.. You'll go through with flying colours.. Have faith in yourself, you'll succeed.. Good Luck

    ReplyDelete