Sunday 20 September 2009

Day One

So.. This is it....

My first night alone.

Today I moved away from home, and into the University I'm going to be attending for the next three years.

Actually, I've really surprised myself. I didn't cry when my parents left, I've managed to make my room look rather nice, and I seem to have made quite nice circle of friends with the people I live with, and one of their friends.

Well, obviously today has been difficult, and stressful, but after we finally managed to make out way here, Mum and Dad helped me unpack, and then enrol and get everything sorted- which was great. We went for a wonder around campus and went for a drink, a bite to eat etc...

Then Dad helped me sort my computer out, before Mum practically dragged him out, and left me alone- for the first time in my life.

So, being alone, I went to the common area and forced myself to make some friends, and they all seem lovely.

I know this is the first day, and we're all trying to make good first impressions but they seem really nice people.

Some of them I've spent more one on one time will and spoken too a bit more individually, Mike and Becca. But yeah, I'm really happy.

Then we all went out as a group with a whole Court, and the Court next door, but our apartment kind of... went our own way, which was probably for the best, and finally went back to the room so that we could talk and get to know one another.- We had enough alcohol anyways.

So there we were playing drinking games and having a laugh and decide to go back out and catch the end of the Michael Jackson impersonator that was here today, which... was actually a little depressing actually- I just kept thinking about how this guy is spending his whole life pretending to be someone else... Who is dead.. and an alleged paedophile...

But after that there was like an after party thingy- which was great... I had a really good night, and we got in about around 3am... but now, I'm freezing, and think I'm just going to snuggle up in bed... night =D

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck Cassy. All the best in your future undertakings... Have fun.

    ReplyDelete